The NAS Greenwich Art Group offer art activities to support peer relationships using art therapy techniques for autistic young people, now expanded to those aged 14-17.
This group will be facilitated by an HCPC registered art therapist currently working in Greenwich schools, together with a NAS volunteer with 20 years experience who is a qualified teacher. Both have DBS.
The group takes place on the second Tuesday of the month at Gerald Moore Gallery, Eltham College.
Get together; relax, be creative. Parents: Come and chat in a relaxed environment with other parents.
The venue is at the Gerald Moore Gallery
SE9 4RW – https://geraldmooregallery.org/contact/
Sessions last for 1 and a half hours from 4 pm to 530 pm. Scheduled dates are below along with the names of exhibitions going on at the same time:
- 11th June – GCSE, A Level and DT Art Exhibition (10 June – 29 June)
- 9th July – Stephanie Farmer (6 July – 31 Aug)
- 13th August – Exhibition TBC
- 10th September – Graduate show (7 Sept – 12 Oct)
- 15th Oct – Exhibition TBC: This is the third Tuesday, to tie in with the exhibition change.
- 12th Nov – Exhibition TBC
- 10th Dec – Exhibition TBC
Note: Parents will be required to stay on premises and retain responsibility for their child(ren). Refreshments will be provided for Parents/carers at Gerald Moore Gallery. It is also a great chance to relax and meet other parents and carers. Please consider a small donation of £2 to give on the days you attend to help with costs.
Good To Know
- See the latest art exhibition and objects.
- Express yourself through art in a safe space.
- Try out art different materials – draw, paint, print, sculpt, collage.
- Get together with others and feel more confident.
- You don’t have to be good at art or have any previous experience.
- Materials can be used in an expressive or sensory way.
- We respect each other, the room and materials.
Sign Up Here
If you are interested, please download the referral form from the link below:
Please return it by email