NAS Greenwich is starting a new group from May offering art activities to support peer relationships using art therapy techniques for autistic young people aged 15-17.
This group will be facilitated by an HCPC registered art therapist currently working in Greenwich schools, together with a NAS volunteer with 20 years experience who is a qualified teacher. Both have DBS.
The group will take place on the second Tuesday of the month mostly at Gerald Moore Gallery, Eltham College – and occasionally at the Prince Philip Maritime Collection Centre, Kidbrooke.
Get together; relax, be creative. Parents: Come and chat in a relaxed environment with other parents.
The venue is at the Gerald Moore Gallery
SE9 4RW – https://geraldmooregallery.org/contact/
Sessions last for 1 and a half hours from 4 pm to 530 pm. Scheduled dates are below along with the names of exhibitions going on at the same time:
- 14th May – The Blue Hour: Sculpture and Painting (3 May – 1 June)
- 11th June – GCSE, A Level and DT Art Exhibition (10 June – 29 June)
- 9th July – Stephanie Farmer (6 July – 31 Aug)
- 13th August –
- 10th September – Graduate show (7 Sept – 12 Oct)
- 15th Oct – Exhibition TBC: This is the third Tuesday, to tie in with the exhibition change.
- 12th Nov – Exhibition TBC:
- 10th Dec – Exhibition TBC:
Note: Parents will be required to stay on premises and retain responsibility for their child(ren). Refreshments will be provided for Parents/carers at Gerald Moore Gallery. It is also a great chance to relax and meet other parents and carers. Please consider a small donation of £2 to give on the days you attend to help with costs.
Good To Know
- See the latest art exhibition and objects.
- Express yourself through art in a safe space.
- Try out art different materials – draw, paint, print, sculpt, collage.
- Get together with others and feel more confident.
- You don’t have to be good at art or have any previous experience.
- Materials can be used in an expressive or sensory way.
- We respect each other, the room and materials.
Sign Up Here
If you are interested, please register your details below and which dates you can attend.
Registration Form (all data to be treated in confidence and securely):