One of our parents has set up a not-for-profit organisation called Greenwich Bakehouse. The aim is to train autistic adults in basic baking and to sell the bakes. They are running sessions of weekly courses over the year to train different groups of people. Long–term they hope to set up a catering business to employ adults with autism.
They are looking for new volunteers for the next session of courses due to be 22nd May to 24th July for 10 weeks. This will be at the new venue of the Clockhouse Community Centre, Defiance Walk, Woolwich Dockyard, London SE18 5QL.
They will teach you how to make cakes, scones and bread.
What do you need to do?
• You need to have a genuine interest in baking (but you do not need any experience).
• Be able to follow a recipe
• Follow food hygiene rules
• Travel to a local community centre
• Commit to come along to every session on Thursday for 10 weeks
• Arrive on time
What will you get?
• You will learn some baking skills and gain experience for your CV.
• It will be autism-friendly, run by 2 people who understand autism.
• It will be relaxed and enjoyable.
• You will learn to work with others and meet new people.
• Travel and lunch expenses paid.
E-mail Julie to find out more. email@example.com
Visit the Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/GreenwichBakehouse/