One of our parents has set up a not-for –profit organisation called Greenwich Bakehouse. The aim is to train autistic adults in basic baking and to sell the bakes at Mycenae House Community Centre. They are running a pilot for a year and train 4 different groups of people for a number of weeks per session. Long–term they hope to set up a catering business to employ adults with autism.
They are looking for new volunteers for the next session Nov-Dec.
They will teach you how to make cakes, scones and bread.
Mycenae House Community Centre, 70 Mycenae Road, Blackheath, SE3 7SE
Starting 1st November to 20th December , every Thursday morning 9.30 to 12.30.
What do you need to do?
• You need to have a genuine interest in baking (but you do not need any experience).
• Be able to follow a recipe,
• Follow food hygiene rules,
• Travel to Mycenae House
• Commit to come along to every session on Thursday for 10 weeks
• Arrive on time
What will you get?
• You will learn some baking skills and gain experience for your CV.
• It will be autism-friendly, run by 2 people who understand autism.
• It will be relaxed and enjoyable.
• You will learn to work with others and meet new people.
• Travel and lunch expenses paid.
E-mail Julie to find out more. email@example.com