Local Government Ombudsman

They can investigate complaints that a council failed to deal properly with a child’s SEN, including delays in assessing a child or issuing a statement; failing to implement a statement or carry out an annual review.

The Ombudsman cannot investigate when the matter can be appealed through the Tribunal process.

Factsheets and further information on www.lgo.org.uk or telephone 0300 061 0614