Oxleas (NHS) Greenwich Children’s Therapy Services is now offering a new psychological service for children and young people with a diagnosis of ASD who experience moderate emotional and/or behavioural difficulties and who do not meet criteria for Specialist CAMHS (Tier III). This service is funded for 12 months in the first instance.
Who is the service for?
· Young people aged 0-18 with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
· Greenwich GP
· Moderate emotional and / or behavioural concerns (such as anxiety, low mood, family relationships, aggression, destructive behavior)
· Mild emotional and behavioural difficulties or difficulties specific to ASD (such as repetitive behaviours/rituals, communication and sensory difficulties) – signpost to ASD Outreach, FLAG, NAS
· Learning disability – signpost to Greenlights or CAMHS depending on severity of problem
· Severe, complex and enduring difficulties – signpost to CAMHS
· A diagnosis of ADHD without a diagnosis of ASD – signpost to ICS or CAMHS
What does the service offer?
The service provides time-limited psychological interventions for moderate mental health concerns such as anxiety, low mood and behavioural difficulties that may be related to mental health issues.
· Individual psychological therapy: time-limited Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
· Parents workshops designed to support young people with ASD who experience emotional and / or behavioural difficulties (for example, workshops focusing on managing anxiety or challenging behaviour).
As this is a new service, routine outcome measures will be collected at the beginning and at the end of treatment.
Who can refer?
Young people meeting the service criteria can be referred by:
· Schools in Greenwich
· Greenwich GPs
· ASD Outreach
· Children’s Therapy Services
· Community Paediatrics
How to refer?
In order to refer to the service, please ask for the Children’s Therapies Services Request for Assessment Form. Complete the first 2 pages and Appendix 5 (Psychology) and return to Children’s Therapy Services via Fax, Email or Post:
Fax: 020 8319 3336
Post: Children’s Therapies Services, Memorial Hospital, Shooters Hill, London, SE18 3RG.
For further information, please contact:
Specialist Clinical Psychologist