Pursuing Complaints Through MPs and Councillors

Over recent months we have had contact with a large number of families with a variety of grievances about the service they have received (or not received) from the statutory agencies – education, social services or health.

We will always try and give any support we can, so please keep contacting us, but as a general piece of advice to everyone, it is often useful to make your elected representatives aware of your difficulties and ask them to pursue your case with the appropriate Director of services within the council.

Depending on where you live within the borough, your MP will be either Clive Efford (Eltham), John Austin (Thamesmead & Erith) or Nick Raynsford (Greenwich & Woolwich). They can all be contacted at the House of Commons, London SW1 and a list of their surgery times and local contact details is printed in the local weekly paper and in Greenwich Time.

Local councillors can be contacted at Woolwich Town Hall and if you do not know who your local councillor is, you can find out by ringing Greenwich Council on 8854 8888. These representatives rely on our votes and will try and help if given the opportunity.