The Steps into Work programme provides an exciting opportunity for people with learning disabilities and people on the autism spectrum to gain extensive work skills experience in three different Transport for London departments over a period of 12 months, whilst working towards a BTEC Level 1 Work Skills qualification
We are delighted to announce that we are now recruiting for the next intake of Steps into Work. We have 24 places available and the programme will run from January 2019– December 2019.
Steps into Work 2019 – Recruitment Information
The steps of the recruitment process are:
- Please read the attached information about the Steps into Work programme before completing the Expression of Interest application form.
- Those interested in participating need to send a completed Expression of Interest form to Steps into Work by 5:00 pm on Friday 05 October 2018. However, due to the level of interest and the need to process applications, it would be appreciated if you could return your completed application form within two weeks of receiving.
- Applicants will then be invited to attend an Assessment Day at Barnet & Southgate College (we will be assessing for Numeracy, Literacy and ICT at Entry Level 3. Specialist Job Coaches will be present throughout)
- Applicants will be short listed based on the Assessment Day
- Short listed applicants will be invited to an interview at Transport for London (specialist Job Coaches will be present at the interviews)
- The 24 successful applicants will be selected based on the interview outcomes.
Below are links to the Expression of Interest form and the leaflet. The form can be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All parts of the form need to be completed (to avoid delays to your application please provide all the details about your qualifications in Section 5).
Should you have any queries or require further information please do not hesitate to contact the Steps into Work team:
Telephone: 0203 054 2718
We look forward to receiving the Expression of Interest forms and meeting prospective applicants at the Assessment Day.
Steps into Work Programme team
Steps into Work Team
Transport for London| Remploy| Barnet & Southgate College
1st Floor, 14 Pier Walk London SE10 0ES
Call: 020 3054 2718 or Auto: 82718